You can help keep our school community safe and healthy by following these important “Core Four” actions to prevent COVID-19 transmission:
- Stay home if sick: Monitor your health and stay home if you are sick except for getting essential medical care (including COVID-19 testing) and other essential needs.
- Physical distancing: Stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not members of your household.
- Wear a face covering: Protect those around you. Wearing a face covering helps reduce the spread of COVID-19, especially if you are sick and don’t have symptoms. For more information about face coverings, visit nyc.gov/health/coronavirus and look for “FAQ About Face Coverings.”
- Practice healthy hand hygiene: Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available; clean frequently touched surfaces regularly; avoid touching your face with unwashed hands; and cover your cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.
Visitation Academy will continue to closely follow all direction of public health experts and proactively update you on any measures we are taking. Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our school community.
As the new school year begins, it is the shared responsibility of the entire community – faculty, staff, students, parents – to follow important health and safety guidelines.
Wearing face coverings, physical distancing, and other important protocols will help us all stay healthy and keep our community safe.
As per the regulations from the Diocese, Visitation Academy will:
*Require all students and staff to wear masks in the school building
*Continue all health and safety protocols established in our Re-Opening Plan – increased ventilation and air filters, frequent hand washing and sanitizing, cleaning and disinfecting of the school building and high-touch surfaces, social distancing
*Limit in-person presence to only those staff who are necessary to be at the school during normal school hours
*Shift design of class schedules to accommodate social distancing guidelines
*Students will be required to stay home if sick and have medical clearance to return to school
*All Catholic Academies and Parish Schools will continue to follow city and state guidelines regarding contact tracing, quarantine and isolation protocols
*Implement/enforce hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette practices.
* physical distancing procedures.
*Decrease social meetings and contact between individuals.
*Minimize student mixing of classes.
*Allow for more frequent handwashing and supervise use of hand sanitizer.
*Reduce the contact frequency for surfaces.
*Limit sharing of equipment and supplies.
*Clean/disinfect shared supplies after use.
*Hold classes outside to provide fresh air and physical distance – when possible.
*Reinforce meal and snack policies
*Limit the use of cloth/fabric chairs or other items with soft, porous surfaces.
*Provide safety information for equipment and products used to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
*Clean/disinfect frequently touched surfaces on enhanced schedule.
*Use NYS DEC- and EPA-registered disinfectants that are effective against COVID-19.
*Employ PPE to protect individuals from the COVID-19 virus as recommended by CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics
In this ever-changing and fluid situation, many regulations and guidelines continue to change and update. We will continue to share changes in protocols with our families when available.